Westbank Expressway Urgent Care
COVID-19 Update: 2/23/2021
We currently have not yet received the covid vaccine due to shipment delays - please call the clinic for updates. Our facility will be following the state's guidelines as to who will be able to get a vaccine and you must have an appointment.
- Visit our page dedicated to COVID-19 vaccination for more information and consent forms.
- Our phone lines are extremely busy. Consider contacting us by using the contact page.
COVID-19 Updates: 1/03/2021
We do provide COVID testing at our facility and created a page to help answer most of your COVID-19 questions.
Walk-ins are welcome but you need to call first to be sure that we are still taking them. There is a cut off point due to staff capacity.
Also be aware that the clinic is experiencing a high volume of calls. Consider leaving a call back name and number or send us an appointment request from our website contact page.
- Follow this link for on-site COVID-19 testing information
COVID-19 Updates: 11/24/2020
Closed for Thanksgiving day, Nov 26. We have PCR COVID testing for flights.
COVID-19 Updates: 11/24/2020
We are now providing on-site testing for COVID-19 event testing. Our team will arrive to your location with rapid test kits to help your wedding, TV production, or company function operate safely. Please contact our office for more information.
COVID-19 Updates: 06/20/2020
We have COVID-19 antibody testing kits and pretravel COVID 19 testing. It is also recommended that you get your flu shot this season as the flu shares similar symptoms with COVID-19. You choose whether you want to start as a virtual visit or schedule a clinical visit. Virtual visits will still need to visit the center to draw blood.
We've added new protocols to protect patients and our staff from clinical transmissions.
1. Our facility has advanced air filtering technology.
2. We have Incorporated up to date sanitizing measures.
3. Waiting room is limited to 10 people and chairs are 6 feet apart.
We are open for normal business hours and we take walk-ins.
Please call the clinic first before walking in to make sure the clinic is still taking walk-ins. There is a cut off point for walk ins due to staff capacity.
You can read more about our social distancing measures on our page dedicated to preventing COVID-19 clinical transmission.
Expressway Urgent Care, located in the Westbank by the Expressway, is both a walk-in and appointment medical facility that is equipped to help you. We have been in operation for more than 20 years and have always served the entire Westbank. Our facility can handle a variety of issues ranging from lab work and procedures all the way to both pediatric and adult urgent care services. We have a large staff of doctors geared with the latest technology to treat patients quickly and effectively. The wait time at our clinic is among the lowest in the healthcare industry. Refer to our reviews! Check below for some of our main services.
This vaccinne keeps you from contracting influenza virus. Influenza, is a disease that can possibly make you to be hospitalized and if you are not treated fast enough, the disease can even cause death. Flu is caused by influenza A or B virus, which spreads quickly throughout the body. The virus makes you to feel fatigued all the time, have nausea and body aches. The disease is spread through the contact of fluids from the lungs, from one person to another. The season when flu is most common in United States is during the spring.
The vaccination changes after every year because the flu season also keeps changing. The group of people that is most likely to get infected with this disease is the young and elderly even though healthy people too can get infected.
- With our labs, we can test for over 200 diseases, and we can test on the same day.
- The clinic has a laboratory that is well equipped, and they are therefore able to diagnose your condition fast and accurately. We can get the results of the tests carried out within 15 minutes so that treatment can start as soon as possible.
- Click on “Blood Tests” to get a list of what we can test for in our lab.
- We have a wide variety of vaccinations at our facility, and it is important to get vaccinated if you have not. Vaccinations not only keeps you healthy but they also keep those around you healthy, particularly the elderly and infants. In addition to that, vaccines are the safest medical procedure available that prevents suffering and the cost associated with behind hospitalized. Click on “Vaccinations” to get a more thorough list of what we can vaccinate for.
Expressway Urgent Care
315 Westbank Expy
Gretna, LA 70053
Westbank Same Day Appointments:
Same day appointments are available to treat unexpected illnesses and injuries. Some examples of conditions that can be treated at the urgent care are listed below:
Accidents and falls
Sprains and broken bones
Severe abdominal pain
Vomiting, diarrhea or dehydration
Severe sore throat or cough
Mild to moderate asthma
Please call before walking in to check the wait time and to make sure the clinic is still taking walk-ins. The clinic has a cut off point for walk-ins due to clinical and staff capacity.
We understand the need for fast service in the medical industry and that’s why we created this Urgent Care facility. We want to make sure that patients can be seen in a timely manner. That is why we have a large staff and in addition to a large staff, we are always looking to add more doctors to our facility to reduce wait times. We pride ourselves on having the lowest wait times in the region of New Orleans.
***You should make an appointment to decrease your wait time.
Minor Injury Repair
Did you know that 80% of all emergency room visits can be treated at our urgent care clinic?
Our on-site laboratory allows our staff to perform blood work the very same day they are seen by a provider.
Our X-Ray machine is on-site so you’ll get the treatment you need at one convenient location.
If you are diagnosed with dehydration, our medical assistants can administer IV fluids to help you recover.