Westbank Expressway Urgent Care
We have COVID-19 antibody testing kits. You choose whether you want to start as a virtual visit or schedule a clinical visit. Virtual visits will still need to visit the center to draw blood.
We’ve added new protocols to protect patients and our staff from clinical transmissions.
1. Our facility has advanced air filtering technology.
2. We have Incorporated up to date sanitizing measures.
3. We provide surgical masks.
4. Waiting room is limited to 10 people and chairs are 6 feet apart.
We are open for normal business hours and we take walk-ins.
You can read more about our social distincing measures on our page dedicated to preventing COVID-19 clinical transmission.
Expressway Urgent Care, located in the Westbank by the Expressway, is both a walk-in and appointment medical facility that is equipped to help you. We have been in operation for more than 20 years and have always served the entire Westbank. Our facility can handle a variety of issues ranging from lab work and procedures all the way to both pediatric and adult urgent care services. We have a large staff of doctors geared with the latest technology to treat patients quickly and effectively. The wait time at our clinic is among the lowest in the healthcare industry. Refer to our reviews! Check below for some of our main services.
This vaccinne keeps you from contracting influenza virus. Influenza, is a disease that can possibly make you to be hospitalized and if you are not treated fast enough, the disease can even cause death. Flu is caused by influenza A or B virus, which spreads quickly throughout the body. The virus makes you to feel fatigued all the time, have nausea and body aches. The disease is spread through the contact of fluids from the lungs, from one person to another. The season when flu is most common in United States is during the spring.
The vaccination changes after every year because the flu season also keeps changing. The group of people that is most likely to get infected with this disease is the young and elderly even though healthy people too can get infected.
- With our labs, we can test for over 200 diseases, and we can test on the same day.
- The clinic has a laboratory that is well equipped, and they are therefore able to diagnose your condition fast and accurately. We can get the results of the tests carried out within 15 minutes so that treatment can start as soon as possible.
- Click on “Blood Tests” to get a list of what we can test for in our lab.
- We have a wide variety of vaccinations at our facility, and it is important to get vaccinated if you have not. Vaccinations not only keeps you healthy but they also keep those around you healthy, particularly the elderly and infants. In addition to that, vaccines are the safest medical procedure available that prevents suffering and the cost associated with behind hospitalized. Click on “Vaccinations” to get a more thorough list of what we can vaccinate for.
Expressway Urgent Care
315 Westbank Expy
Gretna, LA 70053
Westbank Same Day Appointments:
Same day appointments are available to treat unexpected illnesses and injuries. Some examples of conditions that can be treated at the urgent care are listed below:
Accidents and falls
Sprains and broken bones
Severe abdominal pain
Vomiting, diarrhea or dehydration
Severe sore throat or cough
Mild to moderate asthma
We understand the need for fast service in the medical industry and that’s why we created this Urgent Care facility. We want to make sure that patients can be seen in a timely manner. That is why we have a large staff and in addition to a large staff, we are always looking to add more doctors to our facility to reduce wait times. We pride ourselves on having the lowest wait times in the region of New Orleans.
***You should make an appointment to decrease your wait time.
Minor Injury Repair
Did you know that 80% of all emergency room visits can be treated at our urgent care clinic?
Our on-site laboratory allows our staff to perform blood work the very same day they are seen by a provider.
Our X-Ray machine is on-site so you’ll get the treatment you need at one convenient location.
If you are diagnosed with dehydration, our medical assistants can administer IV fluids to help you recover.