Same Day COVID-19 Testing Information for New Orleans and Surrounding Areas
We offer same day COVID-19 testing with 15 min results for most test. See the chart below. Most other clinics require a 3 to 5 business day wait time because they mail it out. We do the test in our facility and you get your results in 15 minutes on the same day.
You have the option of going through your insurance or to self-pay for the test. If you choose to go through insurance, your insurance company will dictate what test you get and you are not guaranteed a 15 minute rapid result. Keep in mind that we bill as a primary care facility to keep cost low.
- We offer a different variety of COVID-19 testing depending on patient’s needs as well as insurance coverage, please see chart below.
- PCR tests are approved for international travel and insurance will not cover testing for travel.
- Please call and ask about test availability and pricing.
- We also offer COVID-19 event testing for large groups.
PCR COVID-19 Testing for Travel in the New Orleans and Westbank Area
- Results in 15 mins because we do the test in house. Testing is not shipped to another lab.
- No appointment required but recommended, just show up to get tested. An appointment is recommended because you don’t have to spend time filling out the paperwork.
- Insurance does not cover COVID testing for travel as they have deemed it not medically necessary. You have to be sick before they will cover.
- Bring your passport or what you plan to use for identification at the airport to your COVID test because the documentation we give you for your COVID test must match in order to make it through TSA.
|Test Name||Estimated Time for Results||Sensitivity||Airline approved||In Stock|
|Carestart Rapid AntigenCarestart Rapid Antigen**NOT PCR**||15 Minutes||83%||No||Yes|
|Binaxnow [Antigen Test]||15 Minutes||95%||No||No|
|Abbott ID NOW [PCR]||15 Minutes||93%||Yes||Yes|
|Biofire RPEZ w/ COVID [PCR]||1 Hour+||97%||Yes||Yes|
Can I use my insurance for my COVID-19 test?
- Yes, but use of COVID testing through insurance is reserved specifically for patients who are symptomatic or have had possible exposure to COVID-19
- Patients using insurance for their COVID test must first see a provider for evaluation.
Can I use my insurance for COVID testing without symptoms or exposure?
- No. COVID-19 testing under these circumstances is available for out-of-pocket payment.
Can I use my insurance for COVID testing for travel?
- No. Health insurance companies has deemed international travel as not medically necessary for a COVID test. COVID-19 testing under these circumstances is available for out-of-pocket payment.
Our facility will take most major insurances including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, United Health Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Cigna, and etc. The few that we do not take are on the list below.
Insurances we currently do not accept
- Peoples Health
- United Medical Resources (Only Temporary)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Signature Blue, Blue Connect, & Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Plans
COVID-19 Testing is limited to certain patients. As we are a primary care facility – we do not provide testing for all patients.
- There are several testing centers available for all patients if you need more options.