Same Day COVID-19 Testing Information for New Orleans and Surrounding Areas
We offer same day COVID-19 testing with 15 min results for most of our tests, including a 15 min PCR test. See the chart below. Most other clinics require a 2 to 3 business day wait time because they ship their samples out. We collect the samples and do the test in our facility. All COVID test results come back on a certified document and your results will come back in 15 minutes on the same day. Our clinic serves the New Orleans and Westbank area. The facility is located only 11 minutes from the French Quarter.
Walk-in patients are accepted between 7am and 4:30pm. We close early on Sunday, so last walk-in patient will be at 11am. We bill as a primary care, so the cost is lower than most clinics in the NOLA region. Wait times have been reduced, but there is a possible 30 minute wait if you don’t have an appointment for a COVID test.
If you are in need of an at home COVID testing kit or a COVID-19 Vaccine, please visit the pharmacy next to us by following the link provided or check the navigation menu. They have a seperate phone number from our certified COVID testing center.
- All PCR tests are molecular and RT-PCR tests.
- PCR tests are approved for all international travel and indoor activites around New Orleans.
- Insurance will not cover PCR testing.
- Our clinic is approved by the CDC to do COVID testing.
- We also offer COVID-19 event testing for large groups.
- For pricing, use our contact page. Getting through the phone lines can be extremely difficult. We have someone that monitors the questions from the contact page every single day, twelve hours a day, and you will get an answer extremely fast.
PCR COVID-19 Testing for Travel in the New Orleans and Westbank Area
- Results in 15 mins because we do the test in-house. Testing swabs are not shipped to another lab.
- Appointments are recommended but the clinic does take walk-in patients.
- Insurance does not cover COVID testing for travel, work, indoor activites, and etc because they have deemed it not medically necessary. You have to be sick.
- Certificate of results will be provided to everyone including international travlers.
- Our COVID certificate of result is approved for all international travel including going to Canada, Japan, Vietnam, UK, Egypt, New Orleans cruises and etc.
- International travlers should make sure their government ID matches what they give our clinic.
- Guidelines for the New Orleans area have been updated. There are no longer any requirements to wear a mask or be vaccinated to enter venues. New Orlean’s COVID restriction website.
|COVID – 19 Test Name||Estimated Time for Results||Sensitivity||In Stock|
|Indicaid Rapid Antigen||20 Minutes||90%||Yes|
|Abbott ID NOW [RT-PCR]||15 Minutes||93%||Yes|
COVID PCR Test with QR Code and Stamp Information
- Our clinic can now do QR codes. Please submit your request on our contact us page for more information. There will be an additional fee for this servie.
- Certain countries require a stamp from the facility you received your PCR test. Our clinic does provide a stamp.
Does the clinic have a CDC lab certification to perform COVID tests?
- Yes, our clinic is certified by the CDC to preform COVID tests.
- The clinic CLIA ID is 19D0457492 and can be found on the CDC website by using their search function.
Can I use my insurance for my COVID-19 test?
- Patients must be symptomatic before insurance will pay for the test. Insurance will not cover for any other reason, symptomatic patients only.
- Insurance companies will only cover the antigen test, not the PCR test.
- Patients using insurance for their COVID test must first see a provider for evaluation as a requirement by health insurance companies.
- Be aware that you could end up paying more out of pocket if you have not met your deductible when going through insurance.
Can I use my insurance for COVID testing without symptoms?
- No. COVID-19 testing under these circumstances is available for out-of-pocket payment.
Can I use my insurance to cover COVID testing for travel, work, school, and events?
- No. Health insurance companies have deemed international travel, testing to go back to work, school, and events as not medically necessary for a COVID test. Basically, you have to be sick before insurance companies will cover the test.
- COVID-19 testing under these circumstances is available for out-of-pocket payment.
Our facility will take most major insurances including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, United Health Care, Medicaid, Medicare, United Medical Resources, Cigna, and etc. The few that we do not take are on the list below.
Insurances we currently do not accept
- Peoples Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Signature Blue, Blue Connect, & Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Plans
- All Oschner plans
- All limited plans insurance