Gretna Medical Center
315 Westbank Exprssway
Gretna, LA 70053
Same Day antigen and PCR Testing Information for New Orleans and Surrounding Areas
We offer same day antigen and PCR testing with 15 min results. See the chart below. Most other clinics require a 2 to 3 business day wait time because they ship their samples out. We collect the samples and do the test in our facility. You will get your results in 15 minutes on the same day.
Additionally, we bill as a primary care facility to keep cost lower when compared to other clinics in the New Orleans and westbank region. There is a fee associated with our lab tests.
- No appointment needed. Just walk in. Walk-in visits are short because you’re not waiting to see a doctor and we have multiple machines that can run a PCR test. On rare occasions, total visit time can be up to 40 minutes if an influx of people show up for a test.
- All PCR tests are molecular and RT-PCR tests.
- PCR tests are approved for all international travel.
- Insurance will not cover PCR testing.
- We also offer event testing for large groups.
- For pricing or questions, use our contact page.
- Our phone lines are busy, you will not get through.
PCR and Antigen Testing for Travel in the New Orleans and Westbank Area
- Results in 15 mins because we do the test in-house. Testing swabs are not shipped to another lab.
- No appointment required because the wait time is short. Just walk in to get a test.
- Insurance does not cover PCR testing for travel, work, indoor activites, and etc because they have deemed it not medically necessary. You have to be sick before they will cover.
- Guidelines for the New Orleans area require people to be vaccinated or to have a negative PCR or antigen test. The guidelines can be found on New Orlean’s restriction website.
- If you are an international traveler, be sure to bring your passport or what you plan to use for identification at the airport to your test because the documentation we give you for your test must match in order to make it through the airline checkpoint.
|Test Name||Estimated Time for Results||Sensitivity||In Stock|
|Genbody Antigen Test||15 Minutes||83%||Yes|
|Abbott ID NOW [PCR]||15 Minutes||93%||Yes|
PCR Test with QR Code and Stamp Information
- We can now do QR codes. There will be an extra fee if you require a QR code because the software we use must be HIPAA compliant.
- Our clinic can provide a stamp on your PCR test result if you need one.
Can I use my insurance for my PCR or antigen test?
- Only if you have symptoms or have been exposed.
- Insurance companies will only cover the antigen test, not the PCR test.
- Patients must see a provider if they want to use their insurance.
- Be aware that you could end up paying more out of pocket if you have not met your deductible when going through insurance.
Can I use my insurance to cover testing for travel, work, school, and events?
- No. Health insurance companies have deemed international travel, testing to go back to work, school, and events as not medically necessary for a test. Basically, you have to be sick or exposed before insurance companies will cover the test.
- Testing under these circumstances is available for out-of-pocket payment.
Our facility will take most major insurances including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, United Health Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Cigna, and etc. The few that we do not take are on the list below.
Insurances we currently do not accept
- Peoples Health
- United Medical Resources (Only Temporary)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Signature Blue, Blue Connect, & Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Plans
If you need help finding a different testing center, use the link below.