Medical Marijuana Clinic of New Orleans
Gretna Medical Center in the New Orleans area is licensed by the state of Louisiana to prescribe medicinal maijuana. Gov. John Bel Edwards signed into law HB-819 and the bill took effect on August 1, 2020.
Note: You must be a resident of Louisiana and an established patient at our clinic. Consultation with our medical doctor is required to establish if you have a debilitating medical condition. This means that you will not qualify for medical marijuana on your first visit if you are brand new to our clinic. Additionally, we only have one provider that can prescribe medical marijuana but you do not have to see him on your initial visit because you have yet to become an established patient at our medical facility.
Medical Marijuana Quick Information
Will insurance cover my medical marijuana visit?
- Medical Marijuana visits and medication are not covered by insurance due to federal regulations. Therefore, we are only taking cash for these visits.
What conditions qualify for medical marijuana?
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Cachexia/wasting syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Intractable pain (defined as “pain so chronic or severe as to otherwise warrant an opiate prescription”)
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Seizure disorders/spasticity
- Severe muscle spasms
- Any other condition that a physician considers medically necessary.
What to bring for a your medical marijuana visit?
- State driver’s license or any identification stating that you live in Louisiana.
- Medical records from your previous doctor, if you have any.