Gretna Medical Center
315 Westbank Expressway
Gretna, LA 70053
Medical Marijuana Clinic of New Orleans
This page contains information on how to get medicinal maijuana in New Orleans, Louisiana. Our doctor is licensed to prescribe medical marijuana to the residents of Louisiana. There is also information on medical marijuana cards for the state of Louisiana. MMJ is currently legal in the state of Louisiana and our clinic can help you get this medication.
Gretna Medical Center in the New Orleans area is licensed by the state of Louisiana to prescribe medicinal maijuana. Gov. John Bel Edwards signed into law HB-819 and the bill took effect on August 1, 2020.
Note: You must be a resident of Louisiana and an established patient at our clinic. Consultation with our medical doctor is required to establish if you have a debilitating medical condition. This means that you will not qualify for medical marijuana on your first visit if you are brand new to our clinic. The first visit is an evaluation visit, no medical marijuana will be prescribed to you on the first visit. Additionally, we only have one provider that can prescribe medical marijuana and you will most likely not see him on your first visit. Any provider at our facitlity can evaluate your condition during the first visit.
Medical Marijuana Quick Information
How do I obtain a medical marijuana card in the state of Louisiana?
There is no such thing as a medical marijuana card in the state of Louisiana. Medical marijuana is treated exactly like any another other prescription medication. This means you must see a doctor for a MMJ prescription to take to the pharmacy every single time you need a refill on your MMJ medication. This applies to all of Louisiana including New Orleans.
Not all doctors can prescribe medical marijuana in Louisiana. Fortunately, we have a doctor at our facility that can help get you medical marijuana. Please use our contact page if you need this medication.
Will insurance cover my medical marijuana visit in Louisiana?
- Medical Marijuana visits and medication are not covered by insurance due to federal regulations. Therefore, we are only taking cash for these visits.
What conditions qualify for medical marijuana in Louisiana?
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Cachexia/wasting syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Intractable pain (defined as “pain so chronic or severe as to otherwise warrant an opiate prescription”)
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Seizure disorders/spasticity
- Severe muscle spasms
- Any other condition that a physician considers medically necessary.
What to bring for a your medical marijuana visit?
- State driver’s license or any identification stating that you live in Louisiana.
- Medical records from your previous doctor, if you have any.