Same Day COVID-19 Testing Information for New Orleans and Surrounding Areas
We offer same day COVID-19 testing with 15 min results for most of our tests, including a 15 min PCR test. See the chart below. Most other clinics require a 2 to 3 business day wait time because they ship their samples out. We collect the samples and do the test in our facility. You will get your results in 15 minutes on the same day.
Additionally, we bill as a primary care facility to keep cost lower when compared to other clinics in the New Orleans and westbank region.
- No appointment needed. Just walk in. Walk-in visits are short because you’re not waiting to see a doctor and we have multiple machines that can run a PCR test. On rare occasions, total visit time can be up to 40 minutes if an influx of people show up for a COVID test.
- All PCR tests are molecular and RT-PCR tests.
- PCR tests are approved for international travel and indoor activites around New Orleans.
- Insurance will not cover PCR testing.
- Our clinic has been doing COVID testing for almost a year now.
- We also offer COVID-19 event testing for large groups.
- For pricing or questions, use our contact page.
- Our phone lines are extremely busy due to the pandemic. Use the contact us page.
PCR COVID-19 Testing for Travel in the New Orleans and Westbank Area
- Results in 15 mins because we do the test in-house. Testing swabs are not shipped to another lab.
- No appointment required because the wait time is short. Just walk in to get a test.
- Insurance does not cover COVID testing for travel, work, indoor activites, and etc because they have deemed it not medically necessary. You have to be sick before they will cover.
- Guidelines for the New Orleans area require people to be vaccinated or to have a negative PCR test. The antigen test has not yet been approved for indoor activities. The guidelines can be found on New Orlean’s COVID restriction website.
- If you are an international traveler, be sure to bring your passport or what you plan to use for identification at the airport to your COVID test because the documentation we give you for your COVID test must match in order to make it through the airline checkpoint.
|Test Name||Estimated Time for Results||Sensitivity||Airline approved||In Stock|
Carestart Rapid Antigen
|Abbott ID NOW [PCR]||15 Minutes||93%||Yes||Yes|
COVID PCR Test with QR Code and Stamp Information
- QR CODES are a Hipaa violation because they display patient data on the internet. You will not find a medical facility willing to do this for you.
- We do not provide QR codes.
- Our clinic can provide a stamp on your PCR test result if you need one.
Can I use my insurance for my COVID-19 test? Yes, but…
- Use of COVID testing through insurance is reserved specifically for patients who are symptomatic or have had possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Insurance companies will only cover the antigen test, not the PCR test.
- Patients using insurance for their COVID test must first see a provider for evaluation as a requirement by health insurance companies.
- Be aware that you could end up paying more out of pocket if you have not met your deductible when going through insurance.
Can I use my insurance for COVID testing without symptoms or exposure?
- No. COVID-19 testing under these circumstances is available for out-of-pocket payment.
Can I use my insurance to cover COVID testing for travel, work, school, and events?
- No. Health insurance companies have deemed international travel, testing to go back to work, school, and events as not medically necessary for a COVID test. Basically, you have to be sick or exposed to COVID before insurance companies will cover the test.
- COVID-19 testing under these circumstances is available for out-of-pocket payment.
Our facility will take most major insurances including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, United Health Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Cigna, and etc. The few that we do not take are on the list below.
Insurances we currently do not accept
- Peoples Health
- United Medical Resources (Only Temporary)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Signature Blue, Blue Connect, & Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Plans