Gretna Medical Center
315 Westbank Expressway
Gretna, LA 70053
Same Day COVID-19 Testing Information for New Orleans and Surrounding Areas
We offer same day COVID-19 testing with 15 min results for most of our tests, including a 15 min PCR test. See the chart below. Most other clinics require a 2 to 3 business day wait time because they ship their samples out. We collect the samples and do the test in our facility. All COVID test results come back on a certified document and your results will come back in 15 minutes on the same day. Our clinic serves the New Orleans and Westbank area. The facility is located only 11 minutes from the French Quarter.
Walk-in patients are accepted between 11am and 2pm. No new medicaid patients at this time. We bill as a primary care, so cost is lower than most clinics in the NOLA region. Wait times have been reduced, but there is a possible 30-45 minute wait if you don’t have an appointment for a COVID test. There is a 25 dollar no show fee if you are 30 minutes late or you don’t cancel the day before the appointment. Cancel by email only.
If you are in need of an at home COVID testing kit, please visit the pharmacy next to us by following the link provided or check the navigation menu. They have a seperate phone number from our certified COVID testing center.
- All PCR tests are molecular and RT-PCR tests.
- We also offer COVID-19 event testing for large groups.
- For pricing or questions, use our contact page.
- You will not get through the phone lines. It’s impossible. Use the request an appointment button.
PCR COVID-19 Testing for Travel in the New Orleans and Westbank Area
- Results in 15 mins because we do the test in-house. Testing swabs are not shipped to another lab.
- Medicaid and HMO plan holders should make an appointment. You can walk in if you self pay or have a PPO plan.
- Insurance does not cover COVID testing for travel, work, indoor activites, and etc because they have deemed it not medically necessary. You have to be sick before they will cover.
- Guidelines for the New Orleans area require people to be vaccinated or to have a negative PCR or antigen test. The guidelines can be found on New Orlean’s COVID restriction website.
- Certificate of results will be provided to everyone including international travelers.
- The information that you give us should match your government ID.
|COVID Test Name||Estimated Time for Results||Sensitivity||In Stock|
|Indicaid Rapid Antigen||20 Minutes||90%||Yes|
|Abbott ID NOW [PCR]||15 Minutes||93%||Yes|
COVID PCR Test with QR Code and Stamp Information
- We can now do QR codes. There is an additional fee if you require a QR code because we have to use software that falls under HIPAA guidelines.
- Our clinic can provide a stamp on your PCR test result if you need one.
Can I use my insurance for my COVID-19 test?
- Use of COVID testing through insurance is reserved specifically for patients who are symptomatic.
- Insurance companies will only cover the antigen test, not the PCR test.
- Patients using insurance for their COVID test must first see a provider for evaluation as a requirement by health insurance companies.
- Be aware that you could end up paying more out of pocket if you have not met your deductible when going through insurance.
Can I use my insurance for COVID testing without symptoms ?
- No. COVID-19 testing under these circumstances is available for out-of-pocket payment.
Can I use my insurance to cover COVID testing for travel, work, school, and events?
- No. Health insurance companies have deemed international travel, testing to go back to work, school, and events as not medically necessary for a COVID test. Basically, you have to be sick before insurance companies will cover the test.
- COVID-19 testing under these circumstances is available for out-of-pocket payment.
Our facility will take most major insurances including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, United Health Care, Medicaid, Medicare, Cigna, and etc. The few that we do not take are on the list below.
Insurances we currently do not accept
- Peoples Health
- United Medical Resources (Only Temporary)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Signature Blue, Blue Connect, & Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Plans
If you need help finding a different testing center, use the link below.