Covid 19 Antibody Test New Orleans
Where can I take the Covid 19 antibody test in New Orleans?
Gretna Medical Center is authorized to give COVID-19 antibody testing for people in New Orleans and surrounding areas. Gretna Medical Center is centrally located in the Westbank and we have taken every precaution to prevent the spread of diseases within out clinic. See our FAQ below for more information on how we prevent the spread of COVID-19 and the type of testing that we use.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do we prevent the spread of Covid 19?
Our waiting room is limited to 10 people.
The chairs in our room are at least 6 feet apart.
- The facility has an advanced air filtration system.
We provide all patients with surgical masks if they don’t have one.
Rooms are sanatized after each patient leaves.
You may also wait in your car for your appointment. A receptionist will call you to come in.
Is our COVID-19 antibody testing FDA approved?
- The FDA has not approved of any antibody tests because it’s a new virus but has given an emergency provision to allow long standing labs to preform the test. We run our tests through Labcorp and they’ve been around for over 40 years.
How accurate is the antibody test for COVID-19?
Our tests are ran through Labcorp and they have been around for over 40 years. Lab corp follows both the CDC and FDA recommendations by utilizing Serological tests.
- To get a better understanding of how accurate the COVID-19 antibody test can be, please visit Labcorp’s website as they say that they use Serological tests which is recommended by the CDC and FDA.
Is COVID-19 antibody testing covered by insurance in New Olreans?
- The COVID-19 antibody testing is brand new and so information is always changing. Pricing will depend on your health insurance or any changes that the government might make.
- To get the most up to date information on COVID-19 pricing, please call our office as the front desk will have more accurate information on the day to day changes in prices.
How can you stay up to date with accurate COVID-19 information in New Orleans?
We understand that information is always changing and sometimes the accuracy of this information can be questionable. So the best source for information for COVID-19 related to the Louisiana and New Orleans area can be found from either our front desk or the Louisiana government website dedicated to the pandamic below.
Call 504-370-0507 to speak with our front desk as they are up to date on COVID-19 changes.
For more details, visit ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/