Medical Marijuana Clinic of New Orleans
Gretna Medical Center in the New Orleans area is licensed by the state of Louisiana to prescribe medicinal maijuana. Gov. John Bel Edwards signed into law HB-819 and the bill took effect on August 1, 2020.
Note: You must be a resident of Louisiana and an established patient at our clinic. Consultation with our medical doctor is required to establish if you have a debilitating medical condition.
Medical Marijuana Quick Information
What conditions qualify for medical marijuana?
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Cachexia/wasting syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Intractable pain (defined as “pain so chronic or severe as to otherwise warrant an opiate prescription”)
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Seizure disorders/spasticity
- Severe muscle spasms
- Any other condition that a physician considers medically necessary.